It’s never too late to start saving for the future. Whether your goals are a dream vacation, children’s further studies or even retirement, you can start today and reach those goals.
Features and Benefits
- Accounts are available in 3 currencies, SRD, USD and EURO respectively.
- Only require a minimum of SRD 100.00 / USD 100.00 / EUR 100.00 for opening deposits
- Sole and joint accounts are available in all currencies
- Flexible conditions on joint accounts are available
- Allow everyday access to your deposits while interests can be earned at the same time
- Flexible service charge. It can be as low as 0†
- Local transfer funds service (within Suriname) is free of charge
- Option to arrange automatic payment without any fees
- Resident individuals (sole or joint account) who should bring along:
- Valid Identity information (Identity card, driving licenses or passport)
- Over 18 years old
- Valid staying permit documents
- Working Proof (or Employment Statement)
- Southern Commercial Bank Application Form
- If you are a Foreign National, you may open a savings account by providing:
- Valid passport
- Valid VISA
- Foreign Banker reference letter
For rates of USD and EUR, please contact our bank here.
Fees and Charges
- Only service charge will be statement fees.
- Statement fees for SRD accounts, USD accounts and EUR accounts are SRD2.50, USD0.80 and EUR 0.50 respectively.
- You are free to choose the period of receiving statements including every month, every quarter, every half year, every year and no statements.
Download application form
- Download our personal saving accounts application form here.
† service charges are charged only when statements are printed and distributed.