Southern Commercial Bank understands that starting college or university can be both an exciting and challenging time. A student would like to be independent not only physically but also financially. That’s why our student’s saving accounts can allow everyday access by you personally. Our account is the perfect way to prepare for the road ahead.
Features and Benefits
- Account is available in SRD
- Require a minimum of SRD 100.00 for opening deposits
- Flexible conditions and restrictions are available
- Allow everyday access to your deposits while interests can be earned at the same time
- Flexible service charge. It can be as low as 0†
- Local transfer funds service (within Suriname) is free of charge
- Option to arrange automatic payment without any fees
- Students that are 16 years old or older, who should come along with:
- Valid Identity information (Identity card, driving license or passport)
- Authorized application by legal guardian (if student is younger than 18 years)
- ID card, passport or driving license of legal guardian
- Student identity information (student card)
- Southern Commercial Bank Application Form
For rates of USD and EUR, please contact our bank here.
Fees and Charges
- Only service charge will be statement fees.
- Statement fees for SRD accounts, USD accounts and EUR accounts are SRD2.50, USD0.80 and EURO0.50 respectively.
- You are free to choose the period of receiving statements including every month, every quarter, every half year, every year and no statements.
Download application form
- Download our Student’s saving accounts application form here.
†service charges are charged only when statements are printed and distributed.